Sunday, October 12, 2008

Man in the mirror

I went for a run today. The beautiful park very close to my house is called Burgerpark…for people looking like burgers. I felt good there :) Anyway, I was listening to my player and there was this amazingly amazing song…Man in the mirror (version of Natalie Gauci from Australian Idol). I know I was listening to it some time ago for the last time…but this was just great to hear it again! It would be cool to make some document about people and use this song as a background. People that make their portion of difference in the world.

Or before…I was reading some magazine about advertising and music, how it compliments each other. What song would you use for the advertising? It can be anything…What song is that beautiful, that would make other people buy the product? And first of all, make them feel good? I think I know what would that be for me: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: Somewhere over the rainbow. This song is just perfect, positive and not something you don’t like after a short time. It is simple, with great lyrics, relaxing and with the "good mood" flavour in it. I just love songs, every song for different occasion. As soon as I listen to Jason Mraz in the morning, the day looks better. And if I listen to Pearl Jam at night, I feel relaxed to just fall down like a stone (big one). Everyday, when I walk out of the door, I stuck the earphones in and transfer myself to another dimension :) (sounds like I am also on crack … wrong :D). Anyway, just read the lyrics attached bellow, it’s really nice.

My advice for today: if something pisses you off, is making you sad, or you just need to escape somewhere, just RUN! I did the same today and the feeling after is so refreshing and peaceful! Maybe it was also because I got lost in the forest and after an hour of nervous walking, I finally found my house :) But I definitely changed the brain channel (yes, this weird expression is new to me too). And with all the fall colors around, beautiful scenery in the park and a lovely lake it was just great. Darmstadt is nicer than I ever thought, it has this magic atmosphere, when you don't see all the beauty on a first sight, but you can discover it step by step...always surprising, but truly great!

Well, time to sleep, tomorrow is another working, ninetofive day. Oh what an exciting life :p

Here are the lyrics and a video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUM5QTUbW5U&feature=related

I'm gonna make a change, for once in my life
It's gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right...

As I turn up the collar on my favorite winter coat
This wind is blowin' my mind
I see the kids in the street,
with not enough to eat
Who am I, to be blind
pretending not to see their needs

A summers disregard
a broken bottle top A
nd a one man's soul
They follow each other
on the wind ya know
'Cause they got nowhere to go
That's why I want you to know

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his way
And no messge could have been any clearer
if you wanna make the world a better place
take a look at yourself, and make a change

I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
It's time that I realize
That there are some with no home,
not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me, pretending that they're not alone?

A willow deeply scarred,
somebody's broken heart A
nd a washed out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see
'Cause they got no place to be
That's why I´m startin' with me

I'm starting wih the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his way

Good night!

No comments: